Frequently Asked Questions
What is the POLARIS Mapping Standard?
- Registry Office records are searched and the survey plans and deed descriptions are used to build the map base.
- Data is entered using coordinate geometry and tied to survey plan fabric in order to maintain the accuracy.
What is the BIM and Pre-BIM Mapping Standard?
- The BIM and Pre-BIM mapping was built using Assessment data and Crown parcel data.
- Procedures involved heads-up digitizing, table digitizing data entry of the hardcopy assessment map sheets and from a variety of MNR sources.
- The Pre-BIM specification is a digital assessment parcel fabric in areas where ownership parcel mapping is not available.
What browsers does Teranet Xchange support?
- IE 8, 9, 10, 11